EPCOT's Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) program will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need for a successful career in this growing field.
With the experience gained through completing our program, you will have the skills to begin an entry-level career in HVAC/R. You will be EPA credentialed and become certified through the Industry Certification Exam (ICE). Career opportunities in this field include installation and service technician for all types of equipment, counter and outside salesperson, industrial maintenance mechanic, factory service representative, estimator, and system designer.
Students now have the opportunity to expand upon their education through dual enrollment classes offered through Northeast Alabama Community College. These classes are taught on campus at EPCOT.
Students in this class will:
- Gain a strong foundation in the fundamentals of electricity.
- Learn to read wiring and circuitry diagrams.
- Work with volt and amp meters.
- Troubleshoot and test electrical equipment.
- Learn the fundamentals and mechanics of refrigeration.
- Work with an assortment of gauges, OHM meters, recovery pumps, cylinders, vacuum pumps, and vacuum gauges.
- Operate acetylene torches for brazing.
Participation in SkillsUSA offers many benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Leadership Development
- Learning Job Skills
- Skill Competitions
- Exposure & Networking Opportunities for potential employment
- Gaining Employment Skills
- Portfolio Development
- Scholarship Opportunities
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers, and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
SkillsUSA’s mission is to empower its members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens.
SkillsUSA is an applied method of instruction for preparing America’s high-performance workers in public career and technical programs. It provides quality education experiences for students in leadership, teamwork, citizenship and character development. It builds and reinforces self-confidence, work attitudes, and communications skills. It emphasizes total quality at work—high ethical standards, superior work skills, life-long education, and pride in the dignity of work. SkillsUSA also promotes understanding of the free-enterprise system and involvement in community service.
Learn more about SkillsUSA through this link. SkillsUSA