Collision Repair Technology
The Collision Repair Technology program at the Earnest Pruett Center of Technology offers quality training to prepare students for the everchanging Collision Repair industry. We utilize the latest training tools to equip students for what they may face in the industry.
NATEF Certified Program
- The Collision Repair Program meets the standards of the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) therefore ensuring students are attaining a quality education that meets industry standards.
- We are partnered with I-Car (www.i-car.com) to provide students current and relevent online training classes which gives them the opportunity to earn various Collision Repair student certifications including Auto Refinishing.
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Students are offered the opportunity to take ASE (www.ase.com) certification exams. ASE Student Certification can be attained in specialties ranging from "Paint and Refinishing" to "Structural Analysis and Damage Repair".
- A major highlight of the Collision program at EPCOT is its "Simulated Work Environment". In order to replicate the practices of industry and prepare the student for the workforce, our shop "simulates" various aspects of a real-life work place. The following is a few key characteristics of a real work environment that we replicate at school:
- Clock-in/clock-out using employee badge or pin code
- Student Shop Managers - Managers are experienced students who are given "teams" to manage
- Job Applications and Interviews - Students fill out applications and interview for positions in the shop
- Discipline is documented through an "Employee Write-up Form"
- Employee (Student) Performance Reviews
- Proper work attire - Students dress in appropriate work clothing
Live Customer Projects
- The most critical component of the success of the Collision Repair Program is our Live Customer Projects. Our shop has the luxury of bringing in actual customer vehicles to repair and we certainly take advantage of it. As most people know, hands-on experience is the most effective way to learn a skill so the fact that students have the opportunity to repair customer vehicles truly makes our shop unique.
- The last two years we have repaired over 40 customer vehicles.