Welcome to the Woodville School Library!
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 7:40-2:50 (during regular school hours)
- Flexible scheduling for students in grades PreK-12
- Weekly classes for elementary students
- Individal instruction and reading guidance
- Internet accessible laptops for student use (for research, online classes, word processing, class projects, taking online tests, etc.)
- 1:1 Chromebooks for student use
- Automated card catalog and circulation system
- Meeting facilities for students, staff, parents, and community needs
- Over 10,000 books, including fiction and non-fiction
- Graphic novel and Reference section
- Collection of media materials including instructional DVD/VHS tapes
- Alabama Virtual Library
- Sora: Online ebooks connected with Scottsboro Public Library/Camellia Net Digital Library
- Librarian with 20+ years of experience in library, technology, and teaching
About Woodville School Library
The Woodville School Library Media Center provides all students and staff with information needed to achieve and succeed in the classroom and abroad, by allowing individuals their right to intellectual freedom. The media center provides intellectual access to information and ideas, provides physical access to information, and provides access to all resources.
Intellectual access to information and ideas for 21st Century learning is provided to students by providing access to online and print materials in the library media center. Students and teachers have access to computers for online needs and programs, Promethean boards, iPads, DVDs and videos, and the latest fiction and nonfiction books, to support their curriculum.
The library media center is situated on the campus to allow physical access for elementary, middle, and high school students. The library is divided into fiction, nonfiction, easy, graphic novels, and reference sections to provide easy access to print materials. Students each have their own Chromebook device in order to access online resources.