• Enrollment Policy

    No school within the Jackson County School System shall enroll any student who is suspended, has been expelled, or who is subject to any pending disciplinary action by another public school system or other school, public or private, either within or outside the Jackson County School System without the approval of the Jackson County Board of Education. Also, no transfer student shall be considered as officially enrolled in any Jackson County School until such time as it is determined that the student is eligible to attend school within the school system from which he/she is requesting transfer and until the enrolling Jackson County School has received all required documents for official enrollment, as well as established district residency. As per Statute §16-28-3, Code of Alabama, admission to the schools of Jackson County shall be on an individual basis on the application of the parent or guardian, or person with legal custody of the child. Power of attorney, notarized statements and other such documents will not be considered as court documentations for legal custody. Nothing in this policy shall be interpreted in such manner as to prevent a student from enrolling on a temporary basis and participating in any academic or extracurricular school activities for which he/she is otherwise eligible pending a determination of the student’s status within the Jackson County School System and the school from which he/she is requesting transfer Superintendent’s Recommendation Regarding Interim Criteria for Admission of Students Residing Outside of the Attendance Zones A school will not admit students who reside outside the current accepted Jackson County School zones. The exception will be those required to be admitted pursuant to the Mckinney Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act. Approved 9/12/13 5.09 


    Documents you need to bring with you to the school

    • child’s official birth certificate
    • child’s valid social security card (optional)
    • child’s current immunization blue slip
    • proof of residence (such as utility bill with an address)
    • guardianship papers (When circumstances dictate, the parent/guardian must also provide proof of custody in the form of court documents. Parent will also sign statement certifying legal custody. Power of Attorney or Notarized Statement is not proof of legal guardianship)


     Refer to the Student/ Parent Handbook for additional enrollment information.